[keycloak-dev] Is it possible to make the login keycloak page look different between several applications?

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Mon Jul 6 09:07:08 EDT 2015

Please post user questions on keycloak-user.  Comments inline

On 7/6/2015 8:54 AM, Fabio Monteiro wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> We have a client that uses KeyCloak as a centralized server solution for
> grant and security access. We would like to know if it is possible to
> make the login page of KeyCloak look COMPLETELY different ?

It is possible to make keycloak login look entirely different.  The
login pages all use Freemarker templates and you have the ability to
override anything you want piecemeal, or you can entirely change the
look and feel.  Here's a good example of that:

https://developers.redhat.com/auth/realms/rhd/account

Here's the documentation on themes:

http://keycloak.github.io/docs/userguide/html/themes.html

> Even better, is it possible to simply use ONLY REST communications from
> a business app to handle everything Keycloak has to offer in terms of
> security and identity ??

Keycloak has a REST interface, but you are losing a lot of functionality
if you just use that.  Keycloak just becomes a backend store in that
scenario...