[keycloak-dev] Feature pack provisioning

Marko Strukelj mstrukel at redhat.com
Thu Jul 9 10:02:54 EDT 2015

Currently wildfly-server-provisioning-maven-plugin always generates a full Wildfly distribution. For Keycloak project we have three different cases of provisioning, and it would be great to be able to cover it with a common wildfly provided tool:

 1) full server distribution
 2) overlay distribution (unzip into existing OOTB Wildfly distribution - your problem if you use unsupported Wildfly version)
 3) provision into existing Wildfly server detecting version mismatches, and configuring existing and additional subsystems for Keycloak to run properly.

First one is what’s currently supported, and what we use.

Second one is what we currently hack up by extracting modules directory from (1) - it would support this use case better if wildfly-server-provisioning-maven-plugin could generate 'modules only' for example.

The third one requires a CLI installer tool. I’m not aware that currently there is something for that, and we are loath to develop one from scratch.

Is it realistic to expect 2) and 3) in not so distant future?

- marko