[keycloak-dev] Extend informations shown on Server Info page

Vlastimil Elias velias at redhat.com
Mon Jul 13 08:55:48 EDT 2015

Hi,

we just discussed this topic with Stian on
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-1542 and we are not sure if it
is worth to do or not so we should ask other KC devs for their opinion.
Server Info page contains, beside Providers info, only keycloak version
and server time. It should be good for real management/operations (based
on my few year's experience with jboss.org JIRA, SSO and other system's
operation) to extend it with other informations like:

  * server uptime
  * version, vendor and variant of jre used to run it
  * basic info about OS (type, version)
  * info about OS user KC runs under
  * info about locale nad timezone used for JVM
  * JVM memory statistics (total and free heap mem, perm gen mem)
  * basic info about DB in case of JPA (JDBC url, JDBC driver type and
    version, DB type and version) or info about used mongo (version etc)

This page should contain this info for all cluster nodes in clustered
environment.

Stian objected that this info is available form EAP/WF console, but I
think it is a bit problematic for common KC admin to access it there as
it is not integrated with KC console.

WDYT?

Thanks in advance

Vl.