[keycloak-dev] How should reset-password-email work?

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Mon Jul 20 07:50:25 EDT 2015

http://keycloak.github.io/docs/rest-api/admin/realms/%7Brealm%7D/users/%7Bid%7D/reset-password-email/index.html

I'm looking into KEYCLOAK-1543 [1], which concerns the REST API for
reset-password-email [2].  I want to make sure I understand how this is
meant to work.

You make a call to send the user a reset-password email.  And you
specify a client id and a redirect uri.   I assume the redirect uri is
the place the user is sent after he changes his password?  (via a link
he clicks to continue)

Right now, it looks like the code is checking the client config to make
sure that the redirect uri is included in the client's "valid redirect
uri's".  So if redirect uri is specified then client id is also required?

The problem is that currently, the redirect uri is ignored and the user
is always sent to the base uri of the client.

Please let me know if any of the above is incorrect.  I want to make
sure I have this right as I fix it and update the documentation.

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-1543
[2]
http://keycloak.github.io/docs/rest-api/admin/realms/%7Brealm%7D/users/%7Bid%7D/reset-password-email/index.html