[keycloak-dev] Release status

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Tue Jul 21 11:15:48 EDT 2015

> I'd like all changes in and issues fixed by the end of the week for 1.4 release. There's still quite a few issues remaining.
>

> Auth/required actions:
> ----------
> There's quite a few issues outstanding in JIRA related to the new authentication SPIs:
>
> KEYCLOAK-1457 Auth flow for non-browser auth
> KEYCLOAK-1552 NPE if brute force detection enabled
> KEYCLOAK-1508 Re-Login fails after session timeout
> KEYCLOAK-1489 auth timeouts should restart flow
> KEYCLOAK-1481 reimplement AuthenticationManagerTest
> KEYCLOAK-1466 Find better way to propagate BruteForceProtector
> KEYCLOAK-1465 Cleanup obsolete auth code
> KEYCLOAK-1463 Need better UI for Terms and Conditions
> KEYCLOAK-1457 Auth flow for non-browser auth
> KEYCLOAK-1455 remove user.isTotp() usage
> KEYCLOAK-1450 Re-enable Brute Force Protection

I'm working on 1457 right now which is a blocker for 1465.

> Also, what's the status with regards to:
>
> * Migration

Implemented.  Not really tested beyond what we already have for test
scripts.

> * Is brute force enabled?

Need to work on this this week.

> * Is the improvements with regards to login time outs added?

Still some work here.

> * Do we need to polish the UI with regards to auth work?

Yes, we need some polish.  I'm horrible at creating nice UIs unless
there is some template to work from.  I don't have one to work from for
the auth work.

> Other things:
> * KEYCLOAK-1539	Accessing secured resource should not return 200 OK when not authenticated - adapters redirect to login page even for json/xml requests. That doesn't make any sense. We should only redirect to login page if Accept header is */*, text/* or text/html.

We're not changing the adapters to change their response based on Accept
header.  That is a horrible hack solution.  See my recent comment on
this issue in jira.