[keycloak-dev] Hawkular requirements (was Re: RFC: organizations)

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Wed Jul 29 03:05:09 EDT 2015

Agree, Keycloak (as an authentication server) should be limited to providing roles (and other claims/attributes, maybe we can groups and even roles within groups).

We could look at adding something more of an authorization server (UMA) where a resource provider uses the users token to contact the authorization server to check if a user has a specific permission on a specific resources. It's an interesting challenge and maybe something we can look at in the future, but I think it's going to be mid-end 2016 at least.