[keycloak-dev] Couchbase DB support ?

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Mon Jun 8 06:03:46 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----

Yes - do remember it's an open source community project and currently support is only through user mailing list

> Second I need to explore options to add Users DB in Couchbase as we use
> Couchbase for our back-end storage  I see Mongo DB is supported .
> My question is what would it involve to create a Couchbase DB
> integration we would be happy to and contribute back once we got it
> working .
> Any pointers would be nice .

As you should use another db for your apps and KC I would recommend against this and instead use a RDMBS or Mongo.

If you still want to go ahead, bear in mind that we have two separate dbs in KC. Realm (config and clients) and users (user profiles, passwords and role mappings). To add users only you'd have to implement the UserProvider SPI. This is a relatively simple provider to implement, but bear in mind that it's an internal SPI so can be changed without notice.

We do not have the resources to maintain Couchbase DB support so we could not accept this as a contribution and you would have to maintain it yourself.