[keycloak-dev] Keycloak benchmarks / Performance Guide

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Tue Jun 9 07:19:53 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----

We have only done limited benchmarks currently and what hardware you need would be very related to what your usage is (number of users, how often they login/logout, token timeouts etc.).

In production you should consider having a cluster with at least 2 nodes for availability, this would also help with performance. Keycloak doesn't require a sticky load balancer, services can verify tokens without request to KC, etc. so it should scale well.

> 2)
> What server-cache is used and what control  will we have like configuration
> options other than maxSize
> Also what unit is maxSize memory  in ?

In production I recommend using the Infinispan cache, not the basic in-mem cache. This will also give you more control of cache eviction, etc..

See http://keycloak.github.io/docs/userguide/html/clustering.html