[keycloak-dev] Hide internal clients and roles

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Wed Jun 10 13:25:11 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----

Yep, I think that's cleaner. Maybe just call it 'realm-admin-master'?

> The "blank slate" page could be displayed if there is no *non*
> internal-clients/roles.  There could be a button or link on the Blank
> Slate page "View built-in clients" along with "create client".  I don't
> know if it is better to have a "hide built-in clients" checkbox on the
> client list page, or to just show them by default.
>
> > Which one is it btw "an internal role or client would not be able to be
> > deleted" or "I do think you should make internal clients and roles
> > unremovable"?
>
> Sorry, I repeated myself without realizing.  internal things should not
> be deletable or removable, right?

Hehe, I read one wrongly so I thought you where saying they should not be able to delete and at the same time they should be removable.

I agree - it should not be possible to delete internal stuff.

What about we add an attribute to internal clients so we can show that they are internal in the client list. Also, we know when to display the clean slate if there's only internal clients. We can also use the internal attribute to limit options that can be changed for such clients.