[keycloak-dev] Simplifying realm model

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Thu Jun 18 02:04:27 EDT 2015

Maintaining and updating the realm model is a PITA. There's multiple implementations each with their own adapters and entities. We also have migration to deal with.

All in all we spend a significant amount of time updating the model, creating migrations and testing/fixing.

How about everything for a realm is just stored as a single blob (RealmRepresentation) and everything for a client the same (ClientRepresentation)?

We could have a single realm model provider that used the json representation classes. It would delegate storing to a much simpler realm store.

The realm store would just be a key to value store. The value would just be the serialized json. Implementing this and maintaining it would be much simpler.

Comments? Is this worth looking at?