[keycloak-dev] Simplifying realm model

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Thu Jun 18 08:47:04 EDT 2015

This would make things easier to store custom data too.  It could be
extended to places where custom data could be prevalent.  For example,
credential storage.

But here are the disadvantages:

* Do we have to worry about concurrency issues more though?  All you
need is 2 concurrent admins modifying different settings in the realm
for one to overwrite the other.  For example, one admin could be adding
a role, another could be configuring an identity provider.  Sure, these
kind of concurrency issues exist now, but they are isolated because
realm model data is in different tables.  Minimally, you would need some
kind of optimistic locking scheme that provided a non-cryptic error
message when there were collisions.

* Admins would never be able to modify the database directly.