[keycloak-dev] Idle timeout notificaion

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Tue Jun 30 14:33:01 EDT 2015

On 6/30/2015 2:25 PM, Bill Burke wrote:

> On 6/30/2015 2:10 PM, Stan Silvert wrote:
>> And how does the user get notified?
> What do you expect to happen here?  With a servlet app there is no
> notification from the server to the user.  There is no "push" in
> traditional servlet apps.

The requirement is that for any application in the realm, the user will
be notified if the session has timed out.   This is a pretty common
requirement, even with servlet apps.

I don't know if this must be implemented as a push notification. Polling
would work too.

The customer feels like this is something Keycloak should provide.