[keycloak-dev] Kerberos progress

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Fri Mar 6 07:38:01 EST 2015

I've pushed the Kerberos credential delegation stuff including
documentation and example, so I hope the kerberos stuff is finished for
now. As discussed before, I've used federation providers for Kerberos
authentication support.

The credential delegation works in similar way like 3rd party social
providers. Despite it's easier as credential is valid just for the
session and doesn't need to support refreshing;-)

So user authenticates to Keycloak with kerberos ticket and Keycloak
transmits the kerberos credential to the example application, which can
use it for further calls to other kerberized services. The only
difference is that kerberos credential is valid just for given
UserSession, it's not attribute of UserModel. So I've added new
OIDCUserSessionNoteMapper to map UserSession notes to the access token
claims.

I hope to show more in the demo next week, let me know if you think that
something should be improved. ATM I am considering kerberos as finished
and going to look at other tasks I have - removing PL IDM dependency
(hope I am able to catch the train for 1.2.0.Beta1 with this) and then
other LDAP improvements and some other minor JIRAs related to
export/import, mongo etc.

Marek