[keycloak-dev] [GSOC]Keycloak - Audit Reporting and Intrusion Detection

Prakhash siva prakhashsiva21 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 01:25:34 EDT 2015

Hi All,
I'm Prakhash Sivakumar, a 3rd year Computer Science and Engineering Student
from University of Moratuwa. I'm interested in participating in GSOC 2015.
I'm specially interested in the project Audit Reporting and Intrusion
Detection because I have already worked on an Intrusion detection system
based Project.

Short overview of my previous project
I have mainly used Fluentd and MongoDB for my project. I have got the
requests from the Apache log in real time using fluentd and stored those
request parameter objects(7 objects) in to MongoDb as a collection. I have
used Jess a java rule engine and defined some rules to identify the
Intrusions. So whenever a request comes my application compares the request
with the rules and authorizes the request only if it is valid. It will go
through the stored history before it authorizes the request(Currently that
application only able to handle get requests). I have used Java for the
application development

I'm very much interested in Security side and I would like to explore lot
of security related technologies. So I believe this is a great opportunity
to me to learn and apply lot of security related technologies. As a Student
who loves to learn security related technologies I would like to apply for
this project &  I also believe I'm not late to apply for this project.

please give me some guidelines where I really need to start. It will be
really helpful to me

Thanks

--
*Sivakumar Prakhash*