[keycloak-dev] Changing database for maintaining user history

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Mon Mar 23 03:27:25 EDT 2015

Hi,

the database is re-created after each start just if you're using
in-memory H2 database. This is the case by default if you're using
KeycloakServer from testsuite for development. You can change it to use
either File-based H2 (this is used by keycloak-appliance distribution by
default) or point to some other DB like MySQL for example.

To change this, you just need to add few system properties when running
server. See this file for details of what needs to be changed:
https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/testsuite/integration/src/main/resources/META-INF/keycloak-server.json

I am personally usually using mongo for development with KeycloakServer.
Data are persistent among server restarts, so DB doesn't need to be
initialized after restart and server startup usually takes about 2
seconds on my laptop.

Marek