[keycloak-dev] brokerid + subject for brokered username?

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Tue Mar 24 13:54:53 EDT 2015

I wanted brokerAlias + "." external_username for backchannel logout when
the external IDP is initiating the logout in the background.  An
external SAML IDP sends a subject name and optionally a session index.
These external attributes must be mapped to a UserSession in Keycloak so
the logout can be performed.  Same sort of thing would need to be done
for chained keycloak realms.

Its easier to implement if it is  brokerAlias + "." + external_username.
  It could be implemented by doing a UserSessionModel query by Note
name/value, but then this would require changes across all the
sessionModel data stores and eventually would have to be optimized for
each as well.