[keycloak-dev] Java 8?

Stan Silvert ssilvert at redhat.com
Wed Mar 25 09:08:38 EDT 2015

> That article doesn't make sense to me. Use Java8 for tests, but Java7 in production, whaaat?
>
> We need our testsuite to run on Java7, so can't take that approach.
I could do it for Elytron tests since they only run under Java 8 anyway. :-)

For this discussion, I'm just trying to get a feel for when we might
make the switch.  I agree it may be a long way off for adapters.

But I just got confirmation the WildFly 10 will require Java 8.  If
that's our target platform for productization maybe we should target
Java 8 for the server side to coincide with that.

Maybe Bolek has a better idea of the productization timing?