[keycloak-dev] social/broker errors

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Wed Mar 25 12:23:02 EDT 2015

On 25.3.2015 16:27, Bill Burke wrote:
> So Salesforce IDP is the "parent" and Keycloak is the child?
Yes
>   I think Salesforce IDP should be logged out as well, because think
> of it this way
>
> 1. user logs out of keycloak app, but doesn't get logged out of
> Salesforce
> 2. user goes away form machine
> 3. Attacker sits down at desk
> 4. Attacker visits keycloak app
> 5. Still logged in at Salesforce, so keycloak app has a successful
> login due to SSO.
I see the point. However if you consider scenario like:

1. I am logged in salesforce.com and doing some important transactions there
2. Now I clicked to different browser tab and want to quickly check
something in some keycloak-secured-app. I logged-in to the app through
Keycloak + Salesforce broker
3. I checked calendar, clicked "logout" in Zimbra and I want to continue
back in Salesforce. But I am logged out from Salesforce... :-(

The prompt makes sense to me. At least for the cases when user was
logged in before. But not sure if there is a way to track this (In case
that Keycloak itself is parent broker, we can check if auth-method was
FORM (user just logged in) or SSO (user was already logged before)), but
that would require propagate this info from parent broker to child
broker too. Maybe easiest is to always display prompt?

Marek