[keycloak-dev] REST API documentation

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Fri Mar 27 06:58:30 EDT 2015

Currently we're generating the REST API documentation automatically. There's a few issues with that approach:

* Dynamic endpoints are not included (for example openid-connect and saml endpoints are missing)
* No categories - we should split docs into admin, openid-connect, saml, etc.
* Includes private endpoints - for example required actions and account management are included even though they are not intended for public use
* JSON objects not defined - a lot of REST APIs include examples on how to use, including details on the JSON consumed/produced

Is there a way to solve this with the current approach or would it be better to manually create the documentations?