[keycloak-dev] application session state update

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Mon Mar 30 17:00:03 EDT 2015

On 27.3.2015 17:22, Sebastian Rose wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> The endpoint /auth/realms/<realm>/protocol/openid-connect/access/codes
> has a parameter for the session id of a secured application (adapters
> use it): application_session_state. The Endpoint
> /auth/realms/<realm>/protocol/openid-connect/refresh has not. At least
> this is what i saw within the code. Sorry, if it's there.
>
> We have integrated our own application a la adapter, using these two
> url's and it's working fine. Our application completes the login via
> the first endpoint and changes it's session id after the successful
> login. This means when a logout event is send to our application, the
> old session id is used.

So you're not using servlet API but something completely different?
Which framework are you using? Just curious about your usecase as in
normal servlet application the HttpSession ID is same for the whole life
of user interaction and doesn't need to be changed after authentication
(or during refresh).

Marek