[keycloak-dev] application session state update

Bastian Ike bastian.ike at aoe.com
Tue Mar 31 03:24:09 EDT 2015

Hi guys,

We're connecting Magento with Keycloak, and the SID is regenerated after every change of the login status to prevent session fixation attacks where attackers might be able to enforce a session id or observe a session id prior to authentication and can later access useraccounts by requesting private resources using these session ids.

SID refreshs are a common way to prevent this kind of issues and to ensure that no old SID's are leaked and cannot be enforced or predicted.

Regards, Bastian