[keycloak-dev] Themes per application

Marcio Lima marcioferlan at gmail.com
Fri May 8 08:15:32 EDT 2015

Hi Stian, thanks for the quick response!

I do agree the login happens at Realm level and that shouldn't and won't
change.
However, in my case, the applications in that Realm are different.

I basically see the following options to workaround it:

 1. *Create one theme with **<#if>**blocks for each application*
    In this case I would need to change this template if a new
    application comes in or when something changes in any of the login
    pages (blocks).

 2. *Dinamically load login pages from the theme page**
    *I ran this test and it worked just fine, but, I felt like I
    shouldn't be doing it this way... bad smell, you know? (:P)
    The theme login page loads a static login page of each application
    using the *client_id* variable. Then, places the contents on the
    current page and sets the necessary elements to Keycloak expected
    values (like form action, forgot password and register user links
    URLs, error messages, etc).
    For each new application, all I have to do is create the static
    resources in a */themes/${client_id}* folder, with the correct
    element IDs and it does the trick.
    Of course there are some drawbacks, but it turns out that I have now
    3 applications using this approach. I wish I could have
    per-application themes, rather.

 3. *Convince my client to use the same login page for all applications**
    *This would be the standard approach, but, unfortunatelly, isn't an
    option for me.

Any thoughts on that?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,