[keycloak-dev] Am I doing this right?

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Tue May 19 10:35:52 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----

Depends on the use-case. If it's web based it should use redirects, not direct grant. Elytron has to support redirect based authentication as well.

If it's not web based (cli, etc) and it's authenticating a user it should be direct grant. Although it needs to make sure the token is used (and not storing username/password). Direct grant is a way to obtain a token with a users credentials, not really a mechanism to verify user credentials.

If it's not web based and it's authenticating a client it should not use direct grant. It should use client credentials grant (I think it's called) and authenticate with certificates or signed jwt's.