[keycloak-dev] Why does WildFly CLI suck?

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Wed May 20 03:44:15 EDT 2015

----- Original Message -----

+1 I've never been able to achieve anything without googling for a recipe

The fact that there's alternative commands for doing common tasks suggests that I'm not the only one. For example adding a data-source can be done with:

  /subsystem=datasources/data-source=MigrateDS:add(jndi-name=java:jboss/datasources/MigrateDS, pool-name=MigrateDS, driver-name=h2, connection-url=jdbc:h2:mem:test;DB_CLOSE_DELAY=-1)

or

  data-source add ...

The first auto-generated one is very hard to use, the whole syntax of the cli is weird in the first place and figuring how to puzzle that together is hopeless. The last one is much better, but there's very few of those easy to use commands available.