[keycloak-dev] adapter-core and errors

Thomas Raehalme thomas.raehalme at aitiofinland.com
Thu Nov 5 09:01:41 EST 2015

Hi,

I'm playing around with client-side error pages regarding Keycloak
authentication.

I have an Java EE web application utilizing error-page definitions in
web.xml. If authentication fails for a reason or another, shouldn't the
adapter-core enable the use of these error-pages?

At the moment all or most of the AuthChallenge implementations in
adapter-core call the setStatus method of the HttpFacade. This results in
blank responses with only the status being set. If sendError was used
instead then the default error-page handling would kick in.

Is there a reason I am missing why using setStatus instead of sendError in,
for example, OAuthRequestAuthenticator?

Best regards,
Thomas