[keycloak-dev] Preferred way to make KeyCloak custom changes - Allow for extra entities in Hibernate besides persistence.xml

Erik Mulder erik.mulder at docdatapayments.com
Mon Nov 16 07:26:01 EST 2015

@Christian: Actually in Hibernate 5 the Integrator does not offer the add entity feature anymore. It seems this 'feature' was actually an unintended side effect of the Integrator in Hibernate 4 (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/32918808/how-to-use-integrator-service-in-hibernate-5-for-adding-annotated-classes - "but the docs clearly point towards that not being intentional as this should be done at the time of initialization"). This complies with my finding that adding the entity classes at this 'late' stage skips some validation. So I guess I'll 'revert' my solution to the one I found previously, which adds the entity classes to the JPA persistence unit configuration. I'll investigate if that is Hibernate 4 and 5 compatible.

@Stian: It seems like almost all questions have been answered and we can start to build the feature and contribute it to KeyCloak. Maybe you can provide some extra information / requirements / guidelines to us. (we did read the 'Hacking on Keycloak' page)
- Is there a KeyCloak checkstyle configuration?
- Do we have to create one entry in the KeyCloak JIRA for this or several under one epic?
- Is there some peer review process? How does it work?
- What are the requirements for the documentation?