[keycloak-dev] KEYCLOAK-1900 - Pluggable password hashing algorithm

Kunal K kunal at plivo.com
Tue Nov 17 10:06:40 EST 2015

Hi all,

I would like to start a discussion on how to implement -
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-1900

I have a django web app and all of my users are in a postgres database with
salted passwords hashed using SHA. I have been reading how I can use
UserFederation to implement by own credential validation, but the drawback
here would be that I'll have to keep maintaining my old database.

For starters, I was thinking of replacing all occurrences of
Pbkdf2PasswordEncoder with an equivalent SHAPasswordEncoder, which is a
very crude approach and I'm not sure if it will even work. After some bit
of reading I saw this ticket - https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-1900

I would like to implement a custom hashing SPI and would love to get some
pointers on how to go about it.

Thanks

--
*KUNAL KERKAR *| PRODUCT ENGINEER
Plivo, Inc. 340 Pine St, San Francisco - 94104, USA

Free Incoming SMS for All US Short Codes – Get One Today!
<https://www.plivo.com/sms-short-code/?utm=emailsig>