[keycloak-dev] mongo from Intellij?

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Thu Nov 19 07:59:59 EST 2015

On 18/11/15 21:11, Stian Thorgersen wrote:
> You need Mongo running on your machine first as the embedded Mongo
> used for the testsuite is ran from Maven.
>
> Once you have Mongo running locally it's pretty easy, edit (but don't
> commit the changes):
>
> testsuite/integration/src/test/resources/META-INF/keycloak-server.json
>
> Change the providers to mongo. There are default settings for Mongo
> already there and should work as long as you have Mongo running locally.
>
> I find it easier to just change the keycloak-server.json directly, but
> you can also use system properties to set the providers, but that's
> pretty annoying to do when your running tests from IntelliJ.
For me, it doesn't seem annoying. I just copy/paste this line with
properties when running any test:

-Dkeycloak.realm.provider=mongo -Dkeycloak.user.provider=mongo
-Dkeycloak.userSessionPersister.provider=mongo
-Dkeycloak.eventsStore.provider=mongo
-Dkeycloak.connectionsMongo.db=keycloak -Dresources

I also usually use this for KeycloakServer setup during development.

Marek