[keycloak-dev] Re: no empty password in UserFederationProvider

Michael Gerber gerbermichi at me.com
Fri Nov 20 10:16:26 EST 2015

AbstractUsernameFormAuthenticator.validatePassword

public boolean validatePassword(AuthenticationFlowContext context, UserModel user, MultivaluedMap<String, String> inputData) {
    List<UserCredentialModel> credentials = new LinkedList<>();
    String password = inputData.getFirst(CredentialRepresentation.PASSWORD);
    if (password == null || password.isEmpty()) {
        invalidPassword(context, user);
        return false;
    }
    credentials.add(UserCredentialModel.password(password));
    boolean valid = context.getSession().users().validCredentials(context.getRealm(), user, credentials);
    if (!valid) {
        invalidPassword(context, user);
        return false;
    }
    return true;
}
I think we can remove the first if (password == null || password.isEmpty())