[keycloak-dev] Kerberos, login with different user

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Thu Oct 1 14:49:06 EDT 2015

Sorry for late reply.

> * If a user that was logged in using Kerberos logs out the user should
> not just be automatically logged-in again for the current browser
> session. Instead the user should be displayed with a regular
> username/password field, but also with an option to login with Kerberos

Don't like this idea.

#1 Users that want to bypass kerberos have to know to logout first so
they can login as a non-kerberos user.

#2 username/password screen would have to have knowledge that kerberos
is turned on and that the user was logged in via kerberos.  I'm don't
think this is possible with the current SPI.

> * A variant on the above where if a user has logged-out from Kerberos
> the user would be displayed with a "Is this you?" when login, if the
> user selects yes the Kerberos authenticator would continue, if not the
> regular username/password form would be displayed

This one might be easy to do with current SPI although not sure if
kerberos plugin sets some session variables that need to be cleared.

> * Implement account switcher - where a user can login to multiple
> accounts at a time and select which account to use

Not sure how this is different than "Is this you?".

> Other ideas? Points for ideas that requires no hacks in applications ;)

idp_hint is a much different animal, isn't it?  idp_hint is provided by
the application.  skip_auth_mechanism would be something the user has to
know about to type in the URL right?