[keycloak-dev] Same Refresh token can be used multiple times to obtain access token

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Wed Oct 7 08:12:42 EDT 2015

The points are valid and security can be always improved, however
sometimes improving security makes things complicated with the
not-so-big advantage... IMO admin should always protect the machine to
make sure that nobody unauthorized has access to refresh tokens. And for
the transport, HTTPS should be always used. But feel free to create JIRA
and we will see...

When user or client is deleted, all refresh/offline tokens will defacto
become invalid as well and can't be used anymore. You're right that
offline token is still valid after user logout. User can revoke it
manually in account management or admin can revoke it in admin console.
However refresh token is invalid after user logout. All refresh/offline
tokens for particular client can be revoked by admin by set notBefore
policy to now, which can be done in admin console in "Revocation" tab of
particular client.

Marek