[keycloak-dev] Refresh tokens no longer reusable

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Thu Oct 15 00:36:57 EDT 2015

That was my initial idea as well, but then again it already works with our
adapters, we already regenerate the tokens, so why not add this extra layer
of defence? End of the day as refresh tokens can be stored on the client
side how well they are secured can vary. If users want long sessions or
even worse with offline tokens it makes sense to add this that enables
users to at least notice something is going wrong. The issue is that you
may not notice that a client has been compromised, but if all tokens stop
working you will.

I don't have an issue with setting it to true by default (so refresh tokens
are reusable), but since our adapters already work and I can't see any big
side effects of preventing refresh token reuse I set it to false by default.