[keycloak-dev] Batch import/export

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Wed Oct 21 04:00:35 EDT 2015

After your last email with regards to removing the import button from
client create page I had an idea.

How about we do the following:

Import/export single
--------------------------
On realm, client, identity provider and user federation create pages we add
the import button. This will prefill the form and let the user review
before importing. This is how realm and client works now. We'd also add a
link to export a single entity when displaying it in the admin console
(next to the delete icon).

Batch export
-----------------
When exporting a realm you can select what you want to export. The option
would include realm settings, clients, identity brokers, user federation,
users, credentials. Further there would be an option if export would be
done to a file or a json download. If export to file is selected you would
get the option to export credentials for users, if json download is
selected that option would be disabled.

Batch import
We should have options to import a realm as well as import into an existing
realm. For this we should have an option to select what happens if
resources exists (for example client with client-id exists, or user with
username exists). Options could be replace, skip, warn, error, etc..

Finally I was also thinking about an option where we'd have a import
directory on the server. Any files in this would be imported on startup.
Once imported we'd add a "<filename>.imported" or "<filename>.failed". Same
here it would be nice to be able to somehow specify the strategy if the
resource exists.