[keycloak-dev] Issues with Infinispan local cache on EAP 6.4

Stian Thorgersen stian at redhat.com
Wed Sep 2 08:44:08 EDT 2015

I recently removed the memory user session provider and replaced it with Infinispan local caches. There's an issue with that on EAP though. Infinispan didn't support map reduce tasks on local caches until 5.3 and EAP 6.4 is on 5.2.

As a work around the Infinispan user session provider will fallback to the old deprecated memory user session provider if Infinispan is older than 5.3 and the cache is a local cache. The memory user session provider is not available as a standalone provider, just used internally by the Infinispan user session provider in this particular case.

Once we move to EAP 7 we can remove this work around.