[keycloak-dev] Kerberos, login with different user

Michael Gerber gerbermichi at me.com
Wed Sep 30 09:39:02 EDT 2015

Hi all,

I would like to use kerberos as my standard authentication mechanism, but I also want to have the possibility to log in as an admin over the login form.
Therefore, I want to skip the kerberos authenticator after a successful logout.
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-1727

How would you solve this problem?

I've got two solutions, one sets a logout session cookie after a logout and then skips the kerberos authentication and another which allows users to skip any kind of alternative authenticators with a query parameter.

Logout Session Cookie
https://github.com/gerbermichi/keycloak/commit/f804d9e13573cb666cf6d2eff1407978c9e5e854

Query Param
https://github.com/gerbermichi/keycloak/commit/abd3bd87f5aa4c28914da677653268c0f44fe6cc