[keycloak-dev] What to do about Java admin client

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Tue Apr 5 08:19:15 EDT 2016

On 4/5/2016 7:47 AM, Marek Posolda wrote:

>>>     2) Use JAX-RS 2 client
>>     +1
>>
>>     But it will be good if people have possibility to configure the
>>     details of underlying Apache HTTP Client (connection pooling,
>>     connection/socket timeouts, tls etc). If it's possible to achieve
>>     it and use JAX-RS 2 client at the same time, it will be cool.
>>     Otherwise if we need to choose just one of these, the
>>     "configurability" of Apache HTTP client is more important IMO.
>>

>> Sticking with RestEasy Client makes the assumption that all users use
>> other JBoss projects. We know that's not true as Tomcat, Jetty and
>> Spring adapters all have a lot of use. IMO we should either convert
>> to JAX-RS 2 client or use Apache HTTP client directly (I'm not to
>> keen on that though).
> At least we may just have possibility to inject underlying
> javax.ws.rs.client.Client during creation of admin-client. So if
> someone is on resteasy and wants to tweak Apache HTTP Client, he can
> use RestEasy API to build client by himself and inject it. If he's
> using some other library, he would need to use it's API to build
> client (and possibly configure connection pooling etc in library
> specific way).

  If you're using Tomcat, Spring or whatever, anything JBoss is evil and
they can't co-exist?  That's ridiculous.  You're really going to stub
out every single piece of the REST api and/or write your own tool?  No....

We revise the rest interface.  Either use Resteasy, or they can write
their own clients.