[keycloak-dev] Node.js adapter releases

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Mon Apr 11 11:09:15 EDT 2016

Good morning,

Today I was chatting with Lance about the release cadence for Node.js
adapters.

My initial idea was to release the adapters at exactly the same release
dates as the official Keycloak release in order to guarantee compatibility.
For critical/urgent patches, we just release those modules based on our
judgment.

Lance would like more flexibility between those releases. For example,
release npm modules before the official release for situations where a user
wants some new capability that is perhaps unrelated to changes in KC itself
e.g. a move to promises.

I don't have any problems on keeping Node.js adapters' release independent
from official KC release, but would like to hear more opinions about it.

--

-
abstractj