[keycloak-dev] Node.js adapter releases

Luke Holmquist lholmqui at redhat.com
Tue Apr 12 09:24:20 EDT 2016

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 12:29 AM, Stian Thorgersen <sthorger at redhat.com>
wrote:

> Having the same version makes it much easier for people to grab a version
> they know works with a specific Keycloak version. It also makes it simpler
> when we release.
>
> Keycloak has a 6 week release cadence

While this probably works most of the time,  i'm wondering what happens,
for example, if in the node.js adapter there is a security vulnerability in
one of the dependent packages that is discovered a couple days after a
release,  would you then need to create a new release of all of Keycloak?
 that is fine, i'm just wondering if thats what would happen since that
could be a real possibility.  so for an issue like this:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-2798. a full keycloak release
would need to happen then?

*everything i said above only applies if that node adapter is a full class
citizen,  obviously "community" things are different *