[keycloak-dev] 2 mechanisms to configure UserFederationProvider

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Thu Apr 21 03:58:52 EDT 2016

Currently we have 2 mechanisms to configure generic UserFederation
providers.

1) The "old" way, which is using the simple list of strings -
UserFederationProviderFactory.getConfigurationOptions()

2) The "new" and more flexible way based on ConfiguredProvider.

Should we remove the old way for the Keycloak 2.X ? If yes, then maybe
even for 1.X we can deprecate
UserFederationProviderFactory.getConfigurationOptions() to notify people
that it will be removed in future versions? I know there will be more
changes, but if we know at 100% that this one will be removed, it's
maybe not bad to deprecate even now?