[keycloak-dev] Issue with single sign out using salesforce SP with keycloak IDP and also customizing the logout page

Rashmi Singh singhrasster at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 12:27:35 EDT 2016

John, Can you take a look at my last post? It seems like Salesforce is not
supporting Single logout. Is there some keycloak URL we can provide for the
 field "Identity Provider Logout URL" on saleforce Single Sign on Settings"
that would log the user out? Since, it seems like Salesforce is not even
sending a SAML request when doing a logout. Here is what I wrote yesterday:

"Looking more closely into this, it seems like Salesforce does not support
SAML logout.

In Salesforce, where I did the configuration for "SAML Single Sign-On
Settings", there is the following field:

Identity Provider Logout URL:
I had specified this as:  http://rashmiidp.cloud.com:
9990/auth/realms/saml-demo/protocol/saml

But, since Salesforce does not seem to support SAML logout, is it possible
to specify some keycloak URL in this field that would logout the user? It
seems like the URL I specify in this field gets invoked but then Salesforce
is not really sending a SAML logout request and I just get an error as
indicated earlier. So, I was thinking if there is some keycloak URL that we
can specify in this field that would logout the user?

If there is no such URL support, is there an alternative to solve this
issue since Salesforce does not seem to handle the single logout?"