[keycloak-dev] LDAP read-only was Re: Federation Storage: read-only groups

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Fri Dec 2 09:26:46 EST 2016

Providers are supposed to throw a ReadOnlyException in this scenario.  I
don't know if the LDAP provider handles this well.  I was a bit confused
on how it worked, it seems like if a mapper is read-only, it allows you
to edit the change in the import. Basically unsynced mode.

In looking at your SSSD provider, you only throw ReadOnlyException for
attributes loaded by SSSD.  For the rest, you allow the local import to
be updated (unsynced).