[keycloak-dev] LDAP read-only was Re: Federation Storage: read-only groups

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Mon Dec 5 05:01:36 EST 2016

On 02/12/16 15:26, Bill Burke wrote:
> Providers are supposed to throw a ReadOnlyException in this scenario.  I
> don't know if the LDAP provider handles this well.  I was a bit confused
> on how it worked, it seems like if a mapper is read-only, it allows you
> to edit the change in the import. Basically unsynced mode.
Yes, the current read-only mode for GroupMapper is defacto "unsynced".
It allows you to add new group memberships, but those memberships are
saved in Keycloak DB, not in LDAP itself. So the group membership is the
merge of memberships from DB and from LDAP. Removing group membership,
which is saved in LDAP throws an exception.

I am going to add new mode "read-only" and rename the current read-only
mode to "unsynced" to be better aligned with the modes for userStorage.
Created https://issues.jboss.org/browse/KEYCLOAK-4025

Marek