[keycloak-dev] local build failing, travis passing

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Mon Dec 5 09:52:18 EST 2016

Since last week, I've added the support for running the adapter tests on
embedded undertow and some are run during default travis build too.
Basically everything in package
"org.keycloak.testsuite.adapter.undertow.servlet" for now. This also
allows running adapter tests from IDE, which is great for development
and debugging. Previously you either needed to develop adapters in the
old testsuite or develop against wildfly server, which sucks (constantly
rebuilding stuff with maven, copying the jars to modules etc).

This should help to avoid most of regressions in adapters, which should
be catched during travis build now. Unfortunately it won't help with the
issue like KEYCLOAK-4017 because the modules inside
testsuite/integration-arquillian/tests/other/adapters/jboss/ are
"detached" from the main project, so removing the class in IDE won't
automatically remove the subclasses in those detached modules. I wonder
if we can improve to avoid those detached modules and abstract classes
with tests and instead have just the single class with particular
adapter test, which will just work with any app server profile (
-Papp-server-wildfly, -Pauth-server-eap etc)?

Marek