[keycloak-dev] Groups on SSSD Federation provider

Marek Posolda mposolda at redhat.com
Thu Dec 8 07:14:40 EST 2016

Yes, the thing is that we don't have anything like federation of groups
or roles. And not sure if we need that as it will be lots of overhead
and corner cases around this IMO.

My vote is something like your solution 2. Maybe the group can have
attribute like "userStorage.<storageID>.id", which will contain the
identificator of particular group specific to particular userStorage
provider. In case of LDAP, it will be either LDAP UUID or LDAP DN of
that group. In case of SSSD probably something similar?

Note: I think we need the "storageID" element in the attribute name too
as single Keycloak group "group1" can be used in group mappings of users
from more userStorage providers.

Marek