[keycloak-dev] First use of initial passwords MUST be within configurable timeframe

Shaikh Asrafali Anwarali asrafalianwarali.shaikh at gi-de.com
Fri Dec 23 01:42:00 EST 2016

Hi,

Currently we are exploring keycloak for our IAMS requirement "First use of initial or temporary passwords MUST be within configurable timeframe of receipt".

We explore through keycloak but did not find such functionality , could you let us know is such functionality does exist or it can be configured.

To elaborate more on requirement.
When user is created we assign Temporary password for activating account , user uses temporary password to login into keyclaok and at first attempt update for password is asked wherein user needs to  changes his/her credential.
This use of temporary password, we want to put constraint like it should be used, say in a day or else account cannot be activated.

Regards,
Asraf Shaikh