[keycloak-dev] Developing Shibboleth Discovery Service in front of SAML Provider

Jérôme Blanchard jayblanc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 09:56:03 EST 2016

Hi,

I plan to develop the Shibboleth Discovery Functionnality over the current
SAML Provider.
The goal is to provide a simple way to integrate an identity federation
(like shibboleth) with a single provider.
So I plan to add a new Identity Provider that will fork the SAML one but
adding the capability of parsing a federation metadata file periodically in
order to maintain the list of federation available IdPs and a theme to
produce a simple choice list for the federation IdPs...

To perform this I need to parse an online xml file periodically (1 hour).
What is the best way to include this schedulled job in keycloak ? Is there
any service where to put this code ?
I also plan to maintain the parsed IdP list in memory but it should be good
to store it somewhere ?
Finally, I need a small Resource in order to retreive the accurate list of
IdP from the login form but this should be easy to add in the provider
package.

Using this will allow me to avoid aving 250 IdPs in keycloak and 250
endpoints to provide in the ServiceProvider entity descriptor.

Best regards, Jérôme.