[keycloak-dev] Need to remove built-in themes from standalone/configuration/themes

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Fri Feb 12 09:44:04 EST 2016

Currently we include built-in themes in the themes jar as well as extracted
to standalone/configuration/themes. We have to remove the extracted files.

This is due to patching. The patching tools only supports patching modules,
not files. If we need to patch the theme templates (quite likely we will)
we can then only patch the jar. As the extracted themes override the jar it
won't work unless we remove them.

The main problem with removing the extracted files is that they are useful
for someone that needs to modify the templates. I think the best would just
be to give people instructions on how to extract these from the jar. It's
just a zip after all.

Thoughts??