[keycloak-dev] Keycload Admin page Failed Executing GET /admin/serverinfo

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Fri Feb 26 07:27:47 EST 2016

On 26 February 2016 at 10:24, Vlastimil Elias <velias at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 26.2.2016 09:33, Stian Thorgersen wrote:
>
> This should work just fine without sticky sessions.
>

> Sure, but there may be latencies or so between nodes which may bring
> problems, and it is always hard to troubleshoot this kind of problems.
> Sticky session generally lowers probability of this kind of operational
> problems, this is why I like them and use them ;-) But correctly configured
> replication is necessary even in case of sticky sessions to have failover.

That's why we use sync, not async.

But, I agree sticky sessions would be nice.

> We also don't support sticky sessions at the moment as there's no cookie
> to stick on. We're going to look into supporting sticky sessions soon.
>

> Some loadbalancers are able to make sticky session on his owns, even if
> application itself do not provide any cookie. We use this on RHD website,
> we have F5 loadbalancer which handles sticky sessions for us (I think it
> creates his own cookie), and is able correctly failover when keycloak node
> dies.

What makes it non-trivial is that there are two different things using the
same session and user. The users browser (for login redirects and also
html5 apps) and also server-side applications. These will have different IP
addresses. So simply setting up sticky sessions based on the source won't
work.