[keycloak-dev] Help with Integration on Spring App on Tomcat 7

Pawan Thakur pawan at knowledgeflux.com
Wed Jan 6 04:45:16 EST 2016

Hello All,

I am new to Key Cloak and trying to integrate this with a very basic two-page application to understand the working and integration basics.

Environment:

1.       KeyCloack 1.7.1 Final Standalone

2.       A Basic Spring Application deployed on Tomcat 7

What I have referred:

http://docs.jboss.org/keycloak/docs/1.2.0.Beta1/userguide/html_single/index.html#tomcat-adapter
Tutorial Videos from Youtube Basic 1 and 2

Issues am facing:

When I set auth-method to KEYCLOAK

<login-config>
       <auth-method>KEYCLOAK</auth-method>
       <realm-name>KnowledgeFlux</realm-name>
</login-config>

I get the following error

Jan 06, 2016 2:12:58 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig authenticatorConfig
SEVERE: Cannot configure an authenticator for method KEYCLOAK
Jan 06, 2016 2:12:58 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig configureStart
SEVERE: Marking this application unavailable due to previous error(s)

When I set auth-method to BASIC

<login-config>
       <auth-method>BASIC</auth-method>
       <realm-name>KnowledgeFlux</realm-name>
</login-config>

Application runs fine but doesn't authenticate even though the user is able to login to Keycloak Realm's account.

What my files look like

Web.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<web-app xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
       xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
       xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_3_0.xsd"
       id="WebApp_ID" version="3.0">
       <display-name>Archetype Created Web Application</display-name>
       <servlet>
              <servlet-name>dispatcher</servlet-name>
              <servlet-class>org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet</servlet-class>
              <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
       </servlet>

       <servlet-mapping>
              <servlet-name>dispatcher</servlet-name>
              <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
       </servlet-mapping>

       <context-param>
              <param-value>/WEB-INF/dispatcher-servlet.xml</param-value>
       </context-param>

       <listener>
              <listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener</listener-class>
       </listener>

       <security-constraint>
              <web-resource-collection>
                     <web-resource-name>CloakTest</web-resource-name>
                     <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
              </web-resource-collection>
              <auth-constraint>
                     <role-name>User</role-name>
              </auth-constraint>
       </security-constraint>

       <login-config>
              <auth-method>KEYCLOAK</auth-method>
              <realm-name>KnowledgeFlux</realm-name>
       </login-config>

       <security-role>
              <role-name>admin</role-name>
       </security-role>
       <security-role>
              <role-name>User</role-name>
       </security-role>

</web-app>

Keycloak.json

{
  "realm": "KnowledgeFlux",
  "realm-public-key": "MIIBIjANBgkqhkiG9w0BAQEFAAOCAQ8AMIIBCgKCAQEAggGsu2SLSsgi7WmVb4O2HGQX7CjcZQG3+LK0Ael6ErNf3dsv4eAR7dTw7OP3hSl57ByCuX5srFFnOMQR+WrjGFv6osaabzRAqYgfKF9H0dIuBLDfFcohGG1EIWh6jVn+jifflnEw7kbycKlXypuvrev7FXi0v1/8Iy/VPdRk+iVgSSIwU/InNPOrodVF/CV6p9VcPqGbDcOSdC0gu6kUA8S4Y6zVRtszlBD3g07p8QhkjoUeKHgHAT0CeCpLoe57ud9iTPTpX0iBnDCysJOQYK3FGAiz6Z9C/puolcrUIcuiasM6Z9bgglNTFvZCbk/XSDGTFKqkJGdcraeVdbQx3wIDAQAB",
  "auth-server-url": "http://localhost:8080/auth",
  "ssl-required": "external",
  "resource": "CloakTest",
  "public-client": true
}

META-INF/context.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<Context path="/CloakTest">
    <Valve className="org.keycloak.adapters.tomcat.KeycloakAuthenticatorValve"/>
</Context>

Note:  Application's name is CloakTest and am using the same name for the client and my realm's name is KnowledgeFlux

I have googled for similar issues with no luck and it's been a while since I am stuck here.
Please assist.

P.S. Sorry for the essay but I added as much detail as I thought would be necessary.

Thanks,
Pawan