[keycloak-dev] module re-org

Stian Thorgersen sthorger at redhat.com
Tue Jan 12 02:45:35 EST 2016

On 12 January 2016 at 03:22, Bill Burke <bburke at redhat.com> wrote:

> I can't find the original email on this, but we need to do this for
> 1.9.  I can start doing it one module at a time:

> Common:
> keycloak-common
> keycloak-common-saml
> keycloak-common-oidc
>
> Libraries server:
>
> keycloak-server-spi - all SPI interfaces and common code
> keycloak-server-saml - all saml server code, broker and protocol plugins
> keycloak-server-oidc - all oidc code, broker and protocol plugins
> keycloak-server-impl - everything

I'm not 100% sure we should put all implementations of SPIs into
keycloak-server-impl. We at least need to keep Mongo separate as it's not
part of the product.

If we put all SPI implementations, including services, into the same module
we'd end up with one huge module. There's also a risk that we'd end up with
strong relationships between them, rather than having them properly linked
via SPI interfaces.

I'm a bit 50/50 on it though.

> Libraries client:
>
> This structure is not going to change as it is already broken out the
> way it should be to gain re-use between servlet containers.
>
> Questions:
>
> Do we care about breaking out server side OIDC and SAML?

I don't